AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)

Old 05-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #31
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

^+1

If an explosion of gasoline and air mixture wont damage the cylinder you can be CERTAIN that shop air wont.

-Matt
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #32
95LegendaryLSCoupe

95LegendaryLSCoupe is on a distinguished road
Default bad head gasket

is anyone familiar with a reputable mechanic in the south jersey area that
specializes in replacing acura legend bad head gaskets? I think i have a BHG but
on one in my area is willing to tackle this major engine overhule
95LegendaryLSCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #33
MondiVTEC
light that shit!

MondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95LegendaryLSCoupe View Post
is anyone familiar with a reputable mechanic in the south jersey area that
specializes in replacing acura legend bad head gaskets? I think i have a BHG but
on one in my area is willing to tackle this major engine overhule
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...8&layer=c&pw=2

91 Sedan Cobalt Blue on Type A Partout CLICK HERE!

92 Coupe Black on Type F Partout CLICK HERE!

2004 RL Silver on Type F Partout CLICK HERE!
MondiVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #34
TALRUDE
OG Member

TALRUDE is on a distinguished road

Funny you said that. I see water marks on my spark plug in that same rearmost cylender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiSS View Post
ok so 90% of the time you say its the passenger rearmost cylender...why is that? and i have always bled the water out whenever i oilchange and i also have had the "bad valve seals" since 2001>>>if i try this and my gasket isnt bad...will the psi inside my 17 year old engine make it bad...?
Old 07-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #35
onthe3rdday

onthe3rdday is on a distinguished road

Just an FYI: My beloved 91 blew both rear cylinders (gasket on both rears). It never overheated in the 3 years that I drove it after replacing the engine in early 07. I first observed coolant resorvoir levels depleting regularly in December of 07 and was in BHG denial until late 08 early 09ish. The Definitive test is really that definitive!
onthe3rdday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #36
Nillawafer
civic hater

Nillawafer is on a distinguished road

yeah i am getting a legend on sunday this will be the first thing i do
Nillawafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #37
|Legend|NYC|
|LEGEND|NYC|

|Legend|NYC| is on a distinguished road
Default performance chip

Hi this is to SR5guy,
I'm new to this forum, however I understand you are the guy to go to for the performance chip for the Legends? I am interested in purchasing one, if you still have them. Please contact me at my email at Bkim187@gmail.com. I would greatly appreciate it. thanks
|Legend|NYC| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #38
wadd3456

wadd3456 will become famous soon enough

Great video
wadd3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #39
Conrad

Conrad is on a distinguished road

I did this the cheap and easy way. But It was beyond clear mine were blown...
1. remove 1st rubber seal on radiator cap. with out this the cap will automatically send any pressure to the reserve tank. Cap will be destroyed but o well your probably fucked anyway if your doing this. lol

2. get a 3/4 full, clear bottle of water and set it on the front bumper with the cap off.

3. put hose from radiator (that went to the coolant reservoir) in the bottle.

4. start it up and watch for bubbles.

5. U can also set the bottle on the battery or something so u can watch it from the driver seat if u desire to rev it or just wanna listen to some tunes cause you might be tearing that amp out soon.

6. If you have bubbles, (not just a few loaner bubbles probably in the system anyway) I mean bubbles that keep coming up after 10 mins of doing this. Your HG's are blown.

7. By using clean water u can also see if there is any oil shine in it. And of course u can smell some exhaust If its real nasty... BHG.

7. No tools required, just a cap that's 12 bucks at Acura. I guess u could use an aftermarket cap and just save your good one.

Good luck!
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #40
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
I did this the cheap and easy way. But It was beyond clear mine were blown...
Or, better yet, just pop on the Lisle spill-free funnel that clips on to the radiator neck. Every Legend owner should already have one of these as they are essential to properly bleeding the cooling system anyway.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote