AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Audio and Other Electronics

Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #41
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

Biggg72 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Biggg72 Send a message via Yahoo to Biggg72

wow, i see what your running, can you tell me where you have everything? do you have a center channel or are you using the phantom capability? i thought i was doin it, but i see im way behind on how my sound could be. i just want to get an idea.

That, Pate said, was an ass-kicking.
Biggg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #42
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

No center channel, closest I ever came was when I wired the rear speakers to work "as one" and it SUCKED so don't do that lol. Mids are just in the doors and tweeters are by my mirrors. I was going to end up selling this setup.... so if you get more cash you can buy my front speakers I don't really get all into the technical names and stuff but I don't think I'm doing anything phantom wanna tell me what that is?

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #43
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

yea i was doin a lil readin on your alpine processor and it said you could have a center or not. if you didnt it said it had a phantom level to make it seem like you had a center.

im curious as to how the processor get its signal, you rec. has a digital output that you are using or are you using the rca's? this is a whole new realm for me so im very inquisitive (probally spelled that wrong).

Old 06-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #44
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

I have it setup running AI-NET but I mostly use optical cable. The only RCA's I have run from my processor to my amps which is about 2 feet thats all.

I know your going to ask the diff between ai-net and optical, but unless you have a headunit like mine you won't be using it but IMO optical sounds more "rich and enhanced" from ai-net. Kinda like tv to hdtv

I don't have a center channel cause I have my subs using the center channel. theres only enough RCA's for 4 items, channel 1/2/3/4 runs as follows tweets/mids/rear/sub

Old 06-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #45
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

ok got it, you say you are running rca's, now are these 2 jacks per channel or just one and your using a y splitter at the end?

so you are using your subs from the center channel, do they still give you bass or is it a high low mix?

nah no ai-net i dont use alpine, but kenwood has a processor that i found for a gr8 price and im trying to see if this is something i wanna dive into.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #46
GreekPower

oh sorry theres no splits i mean theres 4 channels on the processor. The center channel if setup properly would be 1 rca (not 2) running to that specific speaker, and the sub would run the 1 rca. But when you run both to the same source (center or sub) on the processor you can choose if you want it to be center or sub and it setups a "basic" hz platform to where you can set it to your liking.

so sub channel is all freqz under I think 200 and center I never did it bu tI would assume anything over 500hz

Old 06-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #47
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

ok i understand that. hey if you have a minute can you check this manual out and see if its talking the same way yours was hooked up, this manual is confusing to me because i cant see a whole pic.?

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/...s/KDS-P901.pdf

i think i may be looking at the wrong piece to get this gr8er sound.

Last edited by Biggg72; 06-14-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #48
GreekPower

I would but I haven't installed adobe file viewer yet so sorry I can't look.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #49
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

alright thanks. ill check out the manual for yours to see.

ok one more question, yours reads as multimedia manager, and the kenwood reads as 5.1 dvd sound processor. does yours work for everything, dvd, music, ipod, radio, whatever you play?

this is confusing me on the kenwood because there are no words about that in the manual.

Last edited by Biggg72; 06-14-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #50
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

disregard, that piece will not work with my unit nor my new one so im gonna go with the 6xs and the epicenter.