AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)

Old 10-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #91
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

Those metal bumpers are still there, the po just moved them to allow tilt. You can easily reverse this by moving them back. Follow the DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #92
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyTree View Post
Those metal bumpers are still there, the po just moved them to allow tilt. You can easily reverse this by moving them back. Follow the DIY

Sedans also have a rubber stopper in the track assembly that coupes don't have. He is going to need those rubber stoppers put back in as well for his sedan to go back to OEM. Trust me I had fits with my tilt on my sedan at first as I didn't know about those stoppers. They kept jamming the roof and it wouldn't tilt.

See my post from here:

http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...67&postcount=3
Old 10-13-2016, 04:58 PM   #93
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I skimmed through the thread before posting the last time and will be sure to go through everything more carefully before I attempt anything - thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
Sedans also have a rubber stopper in the track assembly that coupes don't have. He is going to need those rubber stoppers put back in as well for his sedan to go back to OEM. Trust me I had fits with my tilt on my sedan at first as I didn't know about those stoppers. They kept jamming the roof and it wouldn't tilt.

See my post from here:

Thanks - will be sure to review all of this as well as remember your offer to send out those stoppers. I got to check out from my side to see if they were removed.

Looking back at my earlier post I don't see that I was clear about it being the sedan, not the coupe.

Pain in the butt...

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 10-13-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:16 AM   #94
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

Easy Peasy mod.

I'm tilted in both of my Legends and love the extra feature. You will get used to the sound knowing the moon roof is closed. And if there is any doubt, just reach up there and feel to see if moon roof is flat against the roof.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:05 AM   #95
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HondaOwner View Post
Easy Peasy mod.

I'm tilted in both of my Legends and love the extra feature. You will get used to the sound knowing the moon roof is closed. And if there is any doubt, just reach up there and feel to see if moon roof is flat against the roof.
Spoken like a true tilt modded Legend owner. My coupe is a little quieter (after a number of adjustments to get it to slide properly (required removing those metal "E" shaped shims) and so I don't always get it right by sound. So I do the hand thing a lot. As for the sedan I haven't been able to drive it for months so I'll have to relearn it again. However it being my first Legend (well more like first "child" since Nov 2000 ) its characteristics are in my DNA and things almost always immediately come back to me. Soon EEV, soon!
Old 10-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #96
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road
Default Moonroof Tilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post

See my post from here:

Ive done a few sedan tilt mods, and never encountered a problem, nor have i seen those stops. Maybe all the ones ive done have been early ka7s? Thanks for the reply im sure ill remember this when i do have a problem with one.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #97
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

Quote:
Ive done a few sedan tilt mods, and never encountered a problem, nor have i seen those stops. Maybe all the ones ive done have been early ka7s? Thanks for the reply im sure ill remember this when i do have a problem with one.

It is also possible those rubber stoppers had come out of the tracks of the Legends you worked on or even disintegrated over the years.