AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Audio and Other Electronics

Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #11
Bigboy
Acuraholiks Member!

Bigboy will become famous soon enoughBigboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bigboy Send a message via Yahoo to Bigboy

I didn't want to fill this up, he made this to inform people.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

I agree with most of this post however you also have to look at company names from what they were in comparison to now. Most of the top gear in the 90s are now offshore garbage. Names like Orion, Lanzar, Soundstream, PPI and Phoenix Gold to name a few. That's why I merge the two schools old and new with what was good then and what is good now. This is however a pretty good assesment of goods.
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
T-Clyde
Canter-Buried Alive

T-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the rough

i have it on good authority, that you should avoid elemental designs amplifiers.

their speakers are amazing. the 11kv sets a standard for 10 inch subs.

however the amps, interally, almost mirror sony Xplod. same fets, etc.
OEM Parts for Sale
RIP
Maintenance > Modification
T-Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Clyde View Post
i have it on good authority, that you should avoid elemental designs amplifiers.
however the amps, interally, almost mirror sony Xplod. same fets, etc.
i have their nine.1 powering a 13av.2 dvc @ 2 ohms per voice coil. doesnt even got hot. i'm pretty sure this amp/sub combo would give any single driver a run for their money.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #15
OLDSKOOLACURA
legend love

OLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enoughOLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enough

great write up.

but what about "sound stream"? that's what i have at all 4 corners and i love them. the passenger side door is starting to distort then it sounds good then it distorts (think it's a loose connection), but other then that i love my stereo. looking to get after market tweeters where the stock ones are. also the louder i turn it up the better the sound is..lol
I'd just be sooo tempted to shoot just random stuff. Street lights, assholes, things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLACURA View Post
most people take pride in having a new car, I take pride in having a old car that looks new
OLDSKOOLACURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
LegendaryAffinity
Northwest KA3

LegendaryAffinity is on a distinguished road

I have Infinity speakers in the front and Kenwood in the back. They are not as good as Mark Levinson but they are still excellent. The sound quality is a huge improvement over the disintegrated POS speakers I had.

I will get bowers and wilkins someday.
LegendaryAffinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #17
Vipka9

Vipka9 is on a distinguished road

w7 is overrated even though im using one i will say they do npt feel better then my phoenix gold titanium subs and the jl amps cant even compare to my oldschool phoe.ix gold outlaw. i like jl but they should be placed under mainstream. triple x brands i would add to the list is sinfoni and sundown audio also nakimichi, diamond d9s are comparable to w7 but its not even the sub woofer it has to do with every factor. like amp hus and so fourth i can say my bose headunit sounds better then my cousins pioneeer avic anyday and my stock bose interior sounds better.then most people that i have heard .
Vipka9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #18
jonatbaylor

jonatbaylor is on a distinguished road

Definitely a nice resource and I am glad you posted all of that.

As expected, there will be disagreements on Brands and where they are placed. Personally, I think way too many brands are under "highly recommended". That or another category should be created to put "ultimate" stuff under.

I certainly would not put McIntosh Amps in the same category that as a lot of the stuff listed. McIntosh amps are off the charts. Arcs are good, too. Butler Audio should easily be on there.

As far as Boston Acoustics go, I suppose as a whole having them under "good" is OK. But their high end stuff is second to none, or 1, depending on personal preferences for imaging etc.. Their Z6's are top notch and I'd put those against and other mids on the market, or off the market and against any brand on the list.

As far as the battery cable lengths go, they are all the same length per factory OEM specs. Sure, because of flex and use, position could change a bit. But I guarantee that Legend ground cables were all the same size on that factory line, per model. From a manufacturing standpoint, it would be prohibitive to make different length grounding cables...if there is difference it won't be by more than 2 inches.
jonatbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #19
93-ka7

93-ka7 is on a distinguished road

wait hold on rockford fosgate average they make one of the most reliable amplifiers ou can find and with great power a friend was running the old skool rockford amp which is 60 watts rms yes 60 watts rms puching two jl audio w7's?? and rockford is average??
dam hgeez:
Old 12-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #20
White Rider 92

White Rider 92 is on a distinguished road

Can someone please message me on why in da hell my system when i turn on the car i have ssssssssssssssssssssss noise coming from speakers. is it that my grounding sucks? I have it grounded to the factory nut behind the radio.
White Rider 92 is offline   Reply With Quote