AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)

Old 04-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
BluBrett

BluBrett will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to BluBrett

Did this DIY on my passenger side door last week. Broke both of the plastic clips > and strangely, after reinstalling I still have a bit of a squeak at night. Both of my front detent rods pop a couple times but I assume that's just because they're so worn. I'm going to take my door panel off again and try greasing it up more, and also find out why my door sounds tinny all of a sudden.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Did this DIY on my passenger side door last week. Broke both of the plastic clips > and strangely, after reinstalling I still have a bit of a squeak at night. Both of my front detent rods pop a couple times but I assume that's just because they're so worn. I'm going to take my door panel off again and try greasing it up more, and also find out why my door sounds tinny all of a sudden.
Open and close the door a few times with the detent rod removed, the squeaking could be the hinges. Clean thoroughly and look closely for any cracks on the rods, that will cause the popping. And make sure you're using a thick grease, thin grease and/or sprays will not get the job done or at best will not last long.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Both of my front detent rods pop a couple times but I assume that's just because they're so worn. .
As an FYI, once the detents are really wore, there is no amount of grease
that will bring it back to working smoothly. Get some quiet ones from the rear doors at the JY as they are all the same.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
that will bring it back to working smoothly. Get some quiet ones from the rear doors at the JY as they are all the same.

You can also interchange left and right sides, if needed, by removing and swapping the plastic covers on them.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
As an FYI, once the detents are really wore, there is no amount of grease
Are the coupe and sedan ones the same as well?
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Are the coupe and sedan ones the same as well?
Nope.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #17
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
Nope.
The ones that I've removed from coupes are exactly the same as the sedan ones. Same bolt pattern, same rod length, etc.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #18
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quote:
The ones that I've removed from coupes are exactly the same as the sedan ones. Same bolt pattern, same rod length, etc.
In that case it may just the plastic covers that are different, like the difference from left to right, because they have different part numbers. Though they do look slightly different in the drawings, but those are just drawings!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #19
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
Though they do look slightly different in the drawings, but those are just drawings!
Different part #'s, but the same part.
I checked my collection just to make sure.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #20
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I checked my collection just to make sure.
I checked my collection, and you have three more than I do.

hgeez: