AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Audio and Other Electronics

Old 12-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #61
Grantsmith541

Grantsmith541 is on a distinguished road

Ok small update I called king Acura and they gave me a 1-800-382-2238 to call. Of course gave me the same code then a case number that someone would call me back. The problem I donít think they are understanding is the radio Iím trying to activate isnít the original radio from the car. It is what came factory but I pulled it from the same year legend from a pull a part. Fingers crossed someone will call me or see my post
Grantsmith541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #62
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantsmith541 View Post
My apologies if I’m wrong but are you the same gentleman I met at pull a part in bham? I was pulling parts off a black 4dr gs with automatic. That’s actually where this radio I’m trying to get to work came from.

Again my apologies if I’m mistaken.... what should I do about this radio? Call king Acura?
Yes Grant I'm the same person! My picture over here
<<< should have given that away and Duh you did tell me your name twice at the yard and that just now registered with me.
I see you found your way over to the forum and decided to "lurk" no more. I also received back a confirmation email here at work on that same head unit with again the same code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantsmith541 View Post
Ok small update I called king Acura and they gave me a 1-800-382-2238 to call. Of course gave me the same code then a case number that someone would call me back. The problem I don’t think they are understanding is the radio I’m trying to activate isn’t the original radio from the car. It is what came factory but I pulled it from the same year legend from a pull a part. Fingers crossed someone will call me or see my post
The truth is they REALLY don't need the V.I.N. to get the stereo code. They do that supposedly to see if there was ever a stolen report on the head unit as the police reports take down the V.I.N. Truthfully who in the past 15 years would even know what to do with a CASSETTE PLAYER?? I'm going to try something here . . .

Okay I ran that same serial code on the head unit with the V.I.N (JH4KA7683SC011246) from that Pull-a-Part 95 black on black GS and keep getting the ONE same code. It did CONFIRM the car exterior paint code and interior as well for that Pull-A-Part car. I don't know if the people King referred you do will get you any additional POTENTIAL stereo codes as I do know some of the head units had a SERIES of stereo codes. That stereo unit may possibly just not work. I do know that car sit for at least 2 1/2 years without the prior owner putting even ONE additional tenth of a mile on the odometer. I have pictures of it from October 2017 at the prior owners home. It had a SERIOUS interior moisture problem back in 2017.

Anyway you now have the V.I.N should you get a call back from those people. Just let them know if you need to where that head unit came from. I can back up your claim that it is legitimate. Now if the PRIOR owner swapped it out (I did find one of the front Bose speakers was NOT the correct original one) then who knows if that is causing an issue. I'll continue to keep an eye on this sir!
Old 12-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #63
Grantsmith541

Small world! Glad to hear all is well. Thank you for the info of the other car maybe it will help. Iím in the last few steps of getting my coupe back on the road. Very excited! I also have acquired a 94 auto 4 dr that my son will probably soon be driving. Btw still have the fog lights out the black gs. The hardware on them is pretty corroded so I havenít done much with them. Maybe we can do some trading in the future.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #64
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Well funny that you mention that. I'm trying to get my coupe back on the road and unfortunately have hit some snags here as of late. As for those fog lights I pulled the wiring harnesses from that car and have them. Now that the cat is out of the bag had this forum been as active as say the Facebook community groups you'd be getting HOUNDED about them already!

I'm impatiently waiting on something VERY SPECIAL for my coupe but it'll be worth the wait as long as it arrives in tact!
Old 12-11-2020, 09:28 AM   #65
Grantsmith541

Well great man! The more coupes on the road the better in my opinion. More than welcome to shoot me a txt 205-370-1505 if you need any help with anything. My last step to my 94 forest green 6 spd coupe is radio and tires. I mite just have to bite the bullet and buy another radio. They are a bit pricey for a damn cassette player but I want it to be factory.