AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 07-05-2022, 11:00 AM   #1
CakeFax

CakeFax is on a distinguished road
Default Recently got myself a 93 legend

Hi recently bought a 93 legend and after having done some digging on this forum I think I'm in the need of at least having a look at my EGR system since from what I can see in my service books it's not been cleaned. But it may have been idk.
The car has done 155k~ miles.
Is there anything I need like new gaskets when I do this? Or can I just reuse the existing ones?
*it is also a Honda legend from germany and not an accura legend if that makes any difference.
CakeFax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:16 AM   #2
Eliot

Eliot is on a distinguished road

You can probably get away with using the existing one, but if possible I would replace it with a new one since it is a integral part of the emissions system. If your country or local government allows, you could delete the EGR system overall. I have not attempted this so you would have to search the forums for this.
Eliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 12:26 PM   #3
CakeFax

Alright, does anyone have links for like all the gaskets somewhere or will I just have to find them? "Modern" parts sites are kinda hit and miss with older cars I've found so would be nice.
Also looking at the intake manifold gaskets while I was at it and I'm wondering what the fourth hole is for? Does it route coolant through the intake?
Old 07-05-2022, 03:34 PM   #4
Eliot

Eliot is on a distinguished road

I'm unable to help when it comes to getting parts in Germany.
I can tell you https://www.rockauto.com is a popular source for Legend parts in this forum. Hopefully another member from Germany or near your country can provide a more local source.
Eliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:44 AM   #5
CakeFax

The car is imported from Germany but it's in Sweden now. Also it's engine code is C32A2 if that helps.