AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 03-07-2018, 12:29 AM   #1
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower
Cool GreekPower got a coupe?! Hold up...

Its no secret on facebook, but I haven't updated dot org...

So I bought accunit's coupe in early may 2017 because I found the ad on craigslist... long long story short, it was at a mechanics shop just sitting for the past 5-6 years because accunit moved onto other platforms... So after a couple weeks of being a detective I tracked him down, got the story and got the project coupe of a lifetime!

For everyone who forgets whose car and what it looked like prior....

We've all seen it, fapped to it and dreamed about it... well now I own it

So it originally was a white on tan 95 LS coupe 6 speed that was converted to acura NSX midnight purple color and half a black interior swap (more on that later). The car has plenty of mods, but when the guy who had it at the shop did alot of 'rigging" if you will... This is the condition I picked it up in.

It was in rough shape, alot if it was still there but the big things missing on the day I towed it home were, interior wiring (dude just cut and cut and cut wires), some interior pieces, no carpeting (mold), front bumper/lip (accunit MIGHT still have this) and 4th OZ wheel (he swears he has this). I bring it home and tear into whats going to be one hell of a restoration job from finding the parts ( must be 10/10 condition), and cleaning up all the rats nests and ant infestation and multiple water leaks...

First up was gutting the car, the suede interior, and alcatara dash etc all came out so I could start bleaching and finding whats been living in the car.

When doing this I found out the rear glass window trim was leaking and causing a pool of water in the trunk, there was various holes and leaks in the cabin and ants that just wouldn't die (Seriously like 10 cans of raid finally killed them off). I took a hose to the car and just started spraying and scrubbing and just anything to get a clean surface.

Come to find out at some point someone invested alot of money in liquid sound deadener (second skin apparently) thats why most of the interior is black dusty looking. I then planned a nice stereo build because this car will go back to its former glory with fresh paint and modern touches, then some other things in the future

The entire trunk has now new sound deadner most of the cabin is done, I've upgraded random bits as time allows and things arise. Lets just say this car was getting hacked apart for some bad ideas it seemed not due to accunit but the person who had possession of the car.

But this is what its got now, a full black stock interior (going with custom leather and stitching making it extra plush), it has a MINT as hell black coupe carpet. bright LED everything on the interior, 14ga speaker wire (knukonceptz), new tail light gaskets, alot of missing bolts and screws are now in their places. I've been filling voids and cracks and holes with black 3M seam sealer (makes panels stronger and less vibrations).

This is the slight upgrades I can post about theres alot I dont have pics of but I figured it was time to start a build thread...

heres 2 final pictures as she sits... I've got boxes of parts ready to go on her, just waiting for it not to be 20 degrees outside

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:31 AM   #2
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

I'll post up the mod list later... but if you must know, its got everything... and I mean EVERYTHING possible... including some nitrous

All that's missing is Fut rear tie bars, telion rear strut bar, and maybe addco sway bars (havent confirmed if it has them of not)

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Meh . . . I'm not on Facebook but I'd heard about this. Wake me up in TEN YEARS when the build is finished!

j/k Welcome to the "Coupe Side"!
Old 03-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Bout time you posted the Coupe on here lol.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #5
One6DSwifflY
Brooklyn Memba

One6DSwifflY is on a distinguished road

Greek, where did the leak from the rear window trim go? Into the right side tool pocket? I have a leak from somewhere when it rains, my right side tool pocket is Full of water then freezes cuz of the cold. I would assume if the window trim has a leak, the rear deck would be wet but mine is not. lmk

"This 1 is for BROOKLYN! Land of da Crooks, home of my dame..." do ya research!!
One6DSwifflY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #6
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

Lou, if you need them, I have an"extra" set of Addco sway bar shoulder bolts from the last (and final) GB if you need them.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:49 AM   #7
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
Lou, if you need them, I have an"extra" set of Addco sway bar shoulder bolts from the last (and final) GB if you need them.
I'm curious to know if we can still get the bars themselves. I haven't seen a set for sale in quite some time. I recall Summit Racing was constructing them before and used to do so on an order basis. Anyone know if that is still the case? I wouldn't mind getting a set of bars for my coupe.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #8
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
I'm curious to know if we can still get the bars themselves. I haven't seen a set for sale in quite some time. I recall Summit Racing was constructing them before and used to do so on an order basis. Anyone know if that is still the case? I wouldn't mind getting a set of bars for my coupe.

I donít know that Iíve ever seen a front for sale. I picked up a used one last year, but bought a couple sets of bolts a few years ago, hoping Iíd find a rear bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #9
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

Well according to the check I just did on Summit Racing's website:

ACURA LEGEND Addco Performance Anti-Sway Bar Kits 2103 (REAR added by )

is available for ordering. If done so TODAY it would ship approximately 06/21/2018

It said the same thing for:

ACURA LEGEND Addco Performance Anti-Sway Bar Kits 2296 (FRONT added by )

So per the website these may still be possible John.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:02 PM   #10
lgnd4u2nv

lgnd4u2nv is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to the build Lou!
I think you should shave the side moldings. It looks weird to me with shaved door handles but with moldings.
Also, Telion rear strut bar? That's a thing?

1995 Cayman White 6-Speed
1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
lgnd4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote