AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road
Default Using paypal as a savings account?

Anyone leave money there? I was thinking about using it as my savings, im just not sure if i leave money there if they charge me or what? I cant find anything online about it which is why im asking you guys. All i see is if you sell on ebay and a buyer has a dispute paypal can freeze ur account until its resolved.. All im doing is saving up for parts, just in case funds, so on. I dont sell on ebay lol, Anyone with some info would be much appreciated. And thanks in adavance.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
cakes
The Dream

cakes will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to cakes

PayPal pays iirc .1% interest which isn't that good. If you want an online savings account look into discover bank. I have account there and while the 1.4% interest rate isn't that great, it's the best among savings options. Its easy to move money back and forth to other accounts at other banks for free, but if you want an instant transfer it'll cost uou $20. as i the case at all banks. When I opened the account years ago the rate was 3.5% but as with everything the rated have dropped.
[The Legend] stops like a fat kid for twinkie... Hondas have REAL brakes, not like Toyota, who can't make proper brakes and a good turning radius if their lives depended on it
WTB: G1 LS Sedan Fuel Sending Unit, Heater, & Tan Drivers side knee panel- PM me
cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road

Stupid question... whats iirc? I see it everyday and never ask lol
Old 10-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne-A-Ferd View Post
if i recall correctly.

i wouldn't. they haven't been reliable, for not locking up your account for no apperent reason, i'm sure chaka will chime in shortly, i wouldn't trust paypal with my money farther then i can throw them.

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

If I remember correctly
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

recall, remember, same difference.

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
bsmooth1027
grill master

bsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura aboutbsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bsmooth1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne-A-Ferd View Post
if i remember correctly iirc
Old 10-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah same shit.

Anyways though, I wouldnt trust PayPal with a damn thing. Without going too much into detail, PayPal is a scam and they aren't even insured or bonded.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Yeah same shit.

Anyways though, I wouldnt trust PayPal with a damn thing. Without going too much into detail, PayPal is a scam and they aren't even insured or bonded.
Bullwinkle: In a word: "You said it!"

Rocky: "That's 3 words"

Bullwinkle: "I'm a heavy tipper."
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

^ Nice

Seriously though, youre better off buying a piggy bank and sticking your loose change and money in a safe. Seriously, electronic banking is STUPID. Nothing can replace cold hard cash. Plus, have you ever been charged a withdrawl fee from your own piggy bank? Ever been charged to transfer cash from your hands into someone elses? Have I made my point? Banks are a legalized racket /end discussion