AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Audio and Other Electronics

Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
maxXspeed
Meet a Legend

maxXspeed is on a distinguished road
Angry HELP PLEASE on installing cd player

i think i am loosing my mine but i can not connect my antenna to a power supply so it will extend up when the radio is on. i have a alpine 9811 and everything is up working fine. From the rear of the cd player i have the blue wire that says "P. INT" which i assume its for power antenna, but were the hell is it on my car harness?

RIP Legend...
maxXspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

the blue wire on the alpine unit should connect to the blue wire on the Honda harness. that's all there is to it. all of the other wires are color matched, so is the antenna.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
antik
I blame the M3.

antik will become famous soon enoughantik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
the blue wire on the alpine unit should connect to the blue wire on the Honda harness. that's all there is to it. all of the other wires are color matched, so is the antenna.
+1 - there are two antennas though: make sure you use the wire for the mast antenna as opposed to the rear glass antenna.

You are using an adapter harness, right?

'95 Auto L Sedan [SOLD]
ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | HAWK | ATE

antik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
maxXspeed
Meet a Legend

maxXspeed is on a distinguished road

yes i am to the wire harness. is the power antenna connected to the cars oem wire harness. i see a light green cable not connected.

RIP Legend...
maxXspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
loveeenunuu

loveeenunuu is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I didn't want to create another thread and cluster this section up. I have a similar question. I am a total noob at this.

Just bought a new headunit and got a Scosche HA02 harness at best buy. I color-matched everything to the HU's wire harness and crimped the wires together. Finally plugged it up to the car's radio harness and nothing turns on at all when I turn the key.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is the adapter harness the wrong one? They said it should work for a 91-95 Legend. I checked the fuse on the HU and it's fine. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.
loveeenunuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
DevanTheDude
Ninjaneer

DevanTheDude will become famous soon enoughDevanTheDude will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveeenunuu View Post
Sorry, I didn't want to create another thread and cluster this section up. I have a similar question. I am a total noob at this.

Just bought a new headunit and got a Scosche HA02 harness at best buy. I color-matched everything to the HU's wire harness and crimped the wires together. Finally plugged it up to the car's radio harness and nothing turns on at all when I turn the key.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is the adapter harness the wrong one? They said it should work for a 91-95 Legend. I checked the fuse on the HU and it's fine. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.
There's also a fuse in the underdash fusebox, and one in the underhood fuse box. May be worth checking those
DevanTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
antik
I blame the M3.

antik will become famous soon enoughantik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveeenunuu View Post

The underdash fuse is your best bet.

Poor harness assembly could be to blame too... not hating but noobs typically aren't instructed about the proper way to wire these harnesses up.

'95 Auto L Sedan [SOLD]
ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | HAWK | ATE

antik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanTheDude View Post
There's also a fuse in the underdash fusebox, and one in the underhood fuse box. May be worth checking those
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik View Post

Poor harness assembly could be to blame too... not hating but noobs typically aren't instructed about the proper way to wire these harnesses up.
I agree on the underdash fuse as the second place to look. Make sure those connections are really good (oh and cheap Wally World and similar connectors typically stink). I've had issues in the past with the crimp kind even using the correct tools. I'm now a wire twisting, soldering, electrical taping then heat shrink tubing kind of guy.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

What kind of HU did you purchase? Was it a cheapo one? I've seen them be bad out of the box before (the cheap ones, more specifically DUAL brand). Way more likely that it's a fuse or bad connection on the harness, but if all other troubleshooting steps fail you should take that into consideration. It's very easy to test if the head unit is functional or not just by touching 3 of the wires directly to the battery. This would require you to undo your crimps (basically cut the wires, unless you used crimps that can disconnect which I do for this reason).
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
loveeenunuu

loveeenunuu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanTheDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
I agree on the underdash fuse as the second place to look. Make sure those connections are really good (oh and cheap Wally World and similar connectors typically stink). I've had issues in the past with the crimp kind even using the correct tools. I'm now a wire twisting, soldering, electrical taping then heat shrink tubing kind of guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
What kind of HU did you purchase? Was it a cheapo one? I've seen them be bad out of the box before (the cheap ones, more specifically DUAL brand). Way more likely that it's a fuse or bad connection on the harness, but if all other troubleshooting steps fail you should take that into consideration. It's very easy to test if the head unit is functional or not just by touching 3 of the wires directly to the battery. This would require you to undo your crimps (basically cut the wires, unless you used crimps that can disconnect which I do for this reason).
Checked the fuses under hood and under kick panel. All good.

HU turns on when I connected it to my BF's car via his harness.

I have an Alpine CDA9856 HU.

I'm having the same issues as this person
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...85/index2.html

Thanks for all the help guys. Greatly appreciated.
loveeenunuu is offline   Reply With Quote