AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation RL (Fourth Generation Legend) -- 2005 - Present > 2nd Gen. RL General Discussion

Old 01-10-2018, 03:46 AM   #1
killaswa6

killaswa6 is on a distinguished road
Default CA Catalytic Converter

I'm in need of replacing my catalytic converter here in CA where the emission laws are very strict. Does anyone know if there's a company that makes an aftermarket one that is legal here in CA?
killaswa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:19 AM   #2
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Are Cali. Cats different from all of the others? I have some nice used cats available for Type 1 and Type II.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
LarryLegend

LarryLegend is on a distinguished road

Your local muffler shop should have them. They aren't cheap though. I think I paid $175 for one. I'm not sure of the brand, but they called it a "90-something percent" converter
LarryLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #4
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Are Cali. Cats different from all of the others? I have some nice used cats available for Type 1 and Type II.
I think they are actually.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #5
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Alan, if you have OEM cats that are good, he should be okay.

Its the aftermarket ones that are highly regulated - with CA having specific models made that cost more and are hard stamped during production with a model number and production date that must be an authorized one in CA. Which is why you can't just buy a non-CA one and had it shipped to a friend a state over. Oh yeah, the aftermarket companies wont even ship to you in CA a non-CA cat.

Its a total racket. But an OEM one if it passes the smog sniffer test should have you good to go. Thing is, shipping it across country might not be much less than just biting the bullet on a new aftermarket CA one.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote