AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 09-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
LegendaryAffinity
Northwest KA3

LegendaryAffinity is on a distinguished road
Default G1 OEM CD player

Let me start by saying that this was my worst junkyard experience I have ever had. I went to 4 yards and there were only 2 G1s and both were sedans. One was stacked up really high and the other was trashed. At many of yards I was told "yeah we have 2 90s, 2 89s and a 88," I go in and I find only 1 G1 there..

But getting to the point, one 88 sedan had an OEM cd player that looked to be in good condition. I took it out and brought it to the front and the guy wanted 20 for it and was firm on the price. I didn't even know if the thing worked or not. I offered 10 and was turned down. I asked if I could return it if it didn't work and he said that all sales were final. I wasn't about to do that. So I am pissed that I missed out on a very rare G1 accessory, but didn't wanted to get shafted by those shady bastards. When I said that I didn't want to buy it, that cock sucker had the audacity to tell me to put the part back in the car. He looked like Jeff from "To Catch a Predator." Look him up if you don't know who I'm talking about.

Driving home I realized that I would have to remove my wood trim and lose my cigarette lighter to make the cd player work and that is how I play my ipod through the car. So I am glad that I didn't buy it.

So how exactly rare are these and what are their value? Should I get it?
LegendaryAffinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

They're really hard to find, especially if they still work. You don't really lose your cig Lighter, it just needs to be relocated onto the dash by the steering wheel lol. But it's up to you if you want it, or you could sell it to someone on here if they're interested.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
Bee-Rad

Bee-Rad is on a distinguished road

I've seen several at the yards near me. Your yard sounds interesting, ours have fixed prices and a 30day warranty.

AFAIK there are at least two variations of the CD player. One has more rounded buttons, and the other has more chiseled buttons that better match the OEM headunit.
Bee-Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Don't worry about it man....they are nice and all...but think about it...a 20+ year old CD player with 80s/90s technology? What are you really gaining?

If I were you though, I'd think about getting the dash surround piece....those could possibly be used by members in the future for adding equalizers or DVD players with a double din screen...
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
Don't worry about it man....they are nice and all...but think about it...a 20+ year old CD player with 80s/90s technology? What are you really gaining?

If I were you though, I'd think about getting the dash surround piece....those could possibly be used by members in the future for adding equalizers or DVD players with a double din screen...
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wish I had kept the one I sold to Acidic lol.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Kept the CD player or the radio bezel? I might have been collected a couple of those pieces over the years
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:28 PM   #7
cleandmc

Resurrecting this old thread. I have one of these G1 CD players, but don't have the harness behind it to connect to the Bose Radio head unit. If anyone has one of these units they are willing to part with and the appropriate harness as well, I'd be interested. Working or not working.

Thanks.
cleandmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #8
Great88

Great88 is on a distinguished road

I have a CD unit out of a '90 coupe L but I'm not sure about the Bose unit. Last I checked the CD player powered up but didn't work. I was going to try and fix it but just sold the 88 I was going to put it in. Now I am trying to sell the '90 or part it out. I wanted 50 for the double din/CD combo and mounting and wiring since the unit still works except the CD player, let me know..
Great88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:24 AM   #9
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin

JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough

Thread jack:

Interesting.

I too have 2 G1 Legends and an SVO.

And my name is Kennon.

Let me know if you wind up parting out the '90.
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:36 AM   #10
cleandmc

Hi. It is probably the same CD unit. I just PM'd you with my info to see if you can send me some pics.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great88 View Post
I have a CD unit out of a '90 coupe L but I'm not sure about the Bose unit. Last I checked the CD player powered up but didn't work. I was going to try and fix it but just sold the 88 I was going to put it in. Now I am trying to sell the '90 or part it out. I wanted 50 for the double din/CD combo and mounting and wiring since the unit still works except the CD player, let me know..
cleandmc is offline   Reply With Quote