AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Non-OEM Parts

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 12:31 PM   #11
Train
L4K3R5 F4N

Train is on a distinguished road

I had no idea what the market still was for these things, so didn't know if there would even be any interest. Damn it!...should've listed them for more. Just kidding. I'm just glad I was able to pass them along to others who are still so passionate about these cars.

Last edited by Train; 05-23-2021 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #12
Train
L4K3R5 F4N

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnd4u2nv View Post
We are some of the few that still check the forum most days. I tried to check on Thursday and the forum seemed to be down. I didn't get around to it Friday, and then by the time I checked Saturday these were already listed and sold I would have bought both the struts and the springs.
I know you still want those springs. Heck, I'll even throw in some OEM front struts to sweeten the deal.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #13
lgnd4u2nv

lgnd4u2nv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train View Post
I know you still want those springs. Heck, I'll even throw in some OEM front struts to sweeten the deal.
ill text you

1995 Cayman White 6-Speed
1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
Old 05-24-2021, 11:50 AM   #14
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
We are some of the few that still check the forum most days. I tried to check on Thursday and the forum seemed to be down. I didn't get around to it Friday, and then by the time I checked Saturday these were already listed and sold I would have bought both the struts and the springs.
Quote:
That is a NOICE offer. Yes there is demand for these and yes the forum went down for about 28 - 30 hours I understand. Since things are pretty quiet on here in comparison to "TALKBOOK" that was the only chance I had as I was on a long conversation about my industry with another professional that I've known probably 20 years now. I had considered the springs but I'm not looking so much for a drop on my coupe as I am about the ride quality. I have lowering springs and Koni reds on my sedan and I think the car is TOO HEAVY (I did just have a tire and RIM destroyed by a MOON CRATER in one of the local post offices parking lots) and that for a car significantly lowered like my sedan a set of full coilovers is likely the better option. No the ONE exception I would consider lowering the car any level would be a set of Ground control springs which have the adjustable collars on them. The combination of the two would be similar to a full on coil over AND with the adjustable sleeve you introduce another component to help MANAGE these old relatively fat BOATS!
Old 05-24-2021, 12:34 PM   #15
lgnd4u2nv

lgnd4u2nv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
That is a NOICE offer. Yes there is demand for these and yes the forum went down for about 28 - 30 hours I understand. Since things are pretty quiet on here in comparison to "TALKBOOK" that was the only chance I had as I was on a long conversation about my industry with another professional that I've known probably 20 years now. I had considered the springs but I'm not looking so much for a drop on my coupe as I am about the ride quality. I have lowering springs and Koni reds on my sedan and I think the car is TOO HEAVY (I did just have a tire and RIM destroyed by a MOON CRATER in one of the local post offices parking lots) and that for a car significantly lowered like my sedan a set of full coilovers is likely the better option. No the ONE exception I would consider lowering the car any level would be a set of Ground control springs which have the adjustable collars on them. The combination of the two would be similar to a full on coil over AND with the adjustable sleeve you introduce another component to help MANAGE these old relatively fat BOATS!
Should you decide to go with coilovers on your coupe, I call dibs on those Konis! I bought the springs, but I have no idea what shocks I'm going to pair them with bc no one makes decent shocks anymore I may actually call Koni directly and beg for them to make the Legend shocks again lol.

1995 Cayman White 6-Speed
1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
Old 05-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #16
Train
L4K3R5 F4N

As lgnd4u2nv mentioned, Eibach springs have been sold. Thanks again for super quick payment and transaction. You guys made this process so easy, compared to the headache of dealing with Craigslist and Offerup.

Last edited by Train; 05-24-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-27-2021, 09:32 AM   #17
Daddykay24

Daddykay24 is on a distinguished road

Can't believe I missed this.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #18
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Should you decide to go with coilovers on your coupe, I call dibs on those Konis! I bought the springs, but I have no idea what shocks I'm going to pair them with bc no one makes decent shocks anymore I may actually call Koni directly and beg for them to make the Legend shocks again lol.
I feel you on that. I'm actually looking at doing coil overs on my sedan which is already WWWAAAYYY low enough. The coupe I may do just a mild drop on to close some of the fender gap. I want it to ride pretty much the way it is. The sedan however was built as a monster and so if it rides a little less "Legend like" it has already been forgiven!

Quote:
As lgnd4u2nv mentioned, Eibach springs have been sold. Thanks again for super quick payment and transaction. You guys made this process so easy, compared to the headache of dealing with Craigslist and Offerup.
Yeah I've had TOO MANY attempted criminals on Craigslist and don't intend to do business from that platform any time soon. This forum WAS the way to go in the past and I must say I miss those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddykay24 View Post
Can't believe I missed this.
Yeah I'm still pinching myself that these are coming!
UPDATE!! Per UPS Tracking they're at the house now!
Closed Thread