AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)

Old 10-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
lady6spd
6 speed baby!

lady6spd will become famous soon enough

I ended up putting on an extra ground wire to make it work
Old 10-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #22
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmiff View Post
I been at this all day. I'm not getting power at the fogs! What's wrong
Contrary to the write up there are at least TWO plugs that will fit the 14 pin (I think its that size) plug. On the Legends with a power steering wheel the plug can be hidden as its almost directly behind the power steering wheel motor. It'll plug into another port maybe three over and will suck your battery dry. Been there and done that. Also the ground to the frame is CRUCIAL or they won't properly ignite. Been there and done that also. hgeez: I wish you best of success getting them to work!
Old 12-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #23
jmsmiff

jmsmiff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXHalofan View Post
Was going to try and write up a nice DIY for fog installs, but half my pics didn't make it. Arrhhg. And I missed the chance to get some better illistrative shots. I'll just post up some pics and what I did. My bumper is really hard to get lined up because the support bracket is bent, so I don't want to pull it off again just yet.

Installing fog lights with a factory cabin harness is really easy. I got a factory harness from a JY car. This harness plugs into factory connectors. All G2's are prewired for fogs. There's two plugs by the cabin fuse block, one by the washer fluid reservior.

The cabin harness has a one wire plug for the fuse block. There should be three sockets it'll fit into. Use #1 (there is raised lettering on the block)

One plug with a blue wire and red stripe plugs into a brown connector that is deep in the cabin look and has to be creatively fished out.

Another grey plug with two blue wires plugs into a connector that sits behind the hood pull lever.

Cabin harness and switch. Lucky to find one with the courtesy switch.

Blue plug behind the hood pull lever. It'll be taped with blue electrical tape to another plug or wire.

Brown plug that runs through to the bumper. This one is very hard to find at first and takes some digging. It's just been pulled from it's hiding spot. I used needle nose pliers. Pull the tape off from around it. It's right in the center of this pic.

The other end of this wire sits by the washer fluid res. It's connected to the bumper harness in this pic.

There is two connectors left on the cabin harness. Both are large grey connector. One is a socket and the other is the male for that socket. They will plug into each other but what they do is tap into the headlamp, driving light circuit. You will pull the headlight switch plug from the connector junction that is right underneath the steering column, close to the cabin fuse block. This is the junction for all the dash stuff like Ignition switch, combo switch etc.

You need to pull out the headlamp switch plug, it is a one of a kind plug at this junction, and looks exactly like the plug on the cabin fog harness. It's pretty much impossible to connect to an incorrect circuit. None of the other connectors fit.

My finger is touching the headlamp connector that you pull out.

Pull this out, plug it into the socket on the cabin fog harness. The other similar connector on the fog harness will plug into the socket of the connector pictured. It sounds weird, and I don't have great pics, but it's very very easy once you have it in front of you. Impossible to make a mistake.

Now you're cabin harness is installed. Take the ignition key, turn the key to on. Turn on the headlights. Make sure a fog switch is installed in the harness, and turned on. You should have 12 volts or so at this plug.

I gotta run. I'll come back later and edit this post for clarity and add some more info about the bumper harness.Those pics didn't make it.

Here's a shot with the bumper off, fogs on for testing. I think you can install the fogs without taking off the bumper, but I wanted to have it off so I can see everything.

Finished.

Note:
-All g2 harnesses are the same, whether 91-93 style or 94-95.
-The plugs for the fogs themselfs is the same as the plug for the right side bumper light.
My cabin harness doesn't have all gray plugs. I have grey and green and 1 blue
jmsmiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #24
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

If I remember correctly Ray mine was the GREEN one!