AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 12-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #1
Tim J

Tim J is on a distinguished road
Default 1987 Acura legend coupe L

Loaded my 1987 coupe into the gallery today. Used a camera to take reduced pixel size photos since I could not figure out how to shoot small pixel photos with my iPhone. I'll take some detail shots and also update my 1989 couple gallery with additional photos as well now that I know how to get the small pixel photos that are required for the gallery posting.

Shocked myself when I ran the original purchase price in 1987 through the inflation adjusted converter. This $26k car would cost $59k in 2019 dollars!! Think about that for a minute.......
Tim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #2
Tim J

I made a mistake when I said "Gallery." I should have said that I loaded the vehicle and photos to the Garage. Still learning the terminology and how to use this website. Sorry for the confusion......
Old 12-02-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
paulo57509

paulo57509 is on a distinguished road

I was given the original sales order for my coupe when I went to pick it up in Washington State back in 2001.

The total cash price was $27,595.75 in 1987. Today, the car would be sell for $62,514.58; 126.5% rate of inflation.

All the car cost me was a one-way plane ticket to Seattle.
paulo57509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
Tim J

That was a lot of money in 1987! Inflation is the invisible tax created by the federal reserve bank and their money printing machine.......
Old 12-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin

JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim J View Post
That was a lot of money in 1987! Inflation is the invisible tax created by the federal reserve bank and their money printing machine.......
Bravo! Someone who understands the true purpose of inflation, as well as who manufactures it.

-Kennon
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:56 PM   #6
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Nice looking G1 coupes you have there sir!
Old 12-06-2019, 06:57 PM   #7
Tim J

Thanks Mad Scientist. They've been sitting for some years and now I'm just getting back into getting them up and running. I took the '90 to a garage to have them look at repairing the AC and they wanted $130 just for running the diagnostics to give me an estimate for the work! Been out of the states for awhile and was not prepared for that. Had to tell them thanks but no thanks. It's hard to rationalize paying anyone $130 / hour to look at my car. Will have to come up with some way to get this AC repaired or just sell the car. Arizona summers are really hot.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #8
Tim J

The Federal Reserve's money printing machine manufactures inflation the invisible tax and it's been working overtime for the last couple of months....it's the new way forward.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin

JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough

Hi Tim,

If your A/C is cooling at all then you may just be low on freon.

Take a look under your hood and see if you can find any clues as to whether the A/C has been converted from R12 to R134a.

If it has, then you can buy a can of R134a with a gauge and hose from any autoparts place or wal-mart and recharge the system yourself.

Another possibility is R12a which is an HFC instead of a CFC. While the nanny state safety nazi's prohibit its use in automotive systems because it is flammable, it actually works better than either R134a or R12.

Imagine if the safety nazi's ever figure out there are gallons of flammable liquid in the gas tank. Or quarts of flammable oil in the crankcase. Or flammable oil mixed in with their supposedly safe CFC's. There's a rumor that the green nazi's are fighting the safety nazi's to switch from CFC's to HFC's to save the planet.

-Kennon
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #10
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim J View Post
Thanks Mad Scientist. They've been sitting for some years and now I'm just getting back into getting them up and running. I took the '90 to a garage to have them look at repairing the AC and they wanted $130 just for running the diagnostics to give me an estimate for the work! Been out of the states for awhile and was not prepared for that. Had to tell them thanks but no thanks. It's hard to rationalize paying anyone $130 / hour to look at my car. Will have to come up with some way to get this AC repaired or just sell the car. Arizona summers are really hot.
Yeah you'll need the a/c for the summer. I believe mine in my sedan has slowly leaked out from sitting too long. I nearly melted last time I drove it in the hot summer in Alabama. Yes it is hard to pay that kind of $$ to have anyone looking at your car and the older the car is the harder it is to justify.