AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Non-OEM Parts

Old 11-10-2019, 12:36 AM   #1
jonatbaylor

jonatbaylor is on a distinguished road
Default WTB: Passenger Motor Mount for 3.5 Swap

Looking for a hybrid motor mount for a 3.2L to 3.5L engine swap. Passenger side.

Thank you
jonatbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Hit up Mike Diaz. I don't know how often he comes in here but you should be able to send him a direct message (PM) through the forum. He had a few when I checked with him a few months back. He'll ask you for your original cores though to make future hybrid mounts.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
LarryLegend

LarryLegend is on a distinguished road

If you can't get your hands on one, you can cut the Legend mount to fit with 1 bolt into the block. I have 70k+ on my 3.5 with the cut mount and know of over a dozen others done this way without any issues.
LarryLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
LarryLegend

LarryLegend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
Hit up Mike Diaz. I don't know how often he comes in here but you should be able to send him a direct message (PM) through the forum. He had a few when I checked with him a few months back. He'll ask you for your original cores though to make future hybrid mounts.
Hopefully he's still active here, but he's been a ghost on Facebook for over a year now. Last mention of him in ALOE involved a member that had an issue with work done at his shop, and he never responded to the post. He was ghost for months prior. It's troubling to lose such a valuable member, as he worked on several members' Legends on the east coast.
LarryLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:37 PM   #5
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

I believe Mondi got SR5Guy's jigs to keep the program going... not sure what his status is these days.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:39 PM   #6
jonatbaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
OK Thanks, I hit him up. We'll see how often he comes around to the forums
Old 11-19-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
jonatbaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
I believe Mondi got SR5Guy's jigs to keep the program going... not sure what his status is these days.

rich
I tried to PM Mondi, but his inbox is full. :/
Old 11-19-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
jonatbaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLegend View Post
If you can't get your hands on one, you can cut the Legend mount to fit with 1 bolt into the block. I have 70k+ on my 3.5 with the cut mount and know of over a dozen others done this way without any issues.
This may end up being my route. Although to be honest I'm unsure what this entails as I don't have pictures or the mounts in front of me.

I'm tearing down a 3.5L motor in 2 weeks; once I have it RTG I'll be looking to pull the old 3.2L