AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 08-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
srqlegend

srqlegend is on a distinguished road
Default black plastic sleeve/bracket thing for courtesy light switch

Hey all,

Two metal clips: one above and below; shoved thin plastic cards in there and the TCS switch came out. Now trying to get the upper right hand metal clip behind the lower dash panel to let go.

>>>>
How do you slide out the courtesy light/TCS switch from the plastic box. I broke and replaced one already; is the tab on the top and bottom or on the sides?

Its this:
rectangular black plastic sleeve that serves as the upper left mounting bracket for the lower driver's side dash panel, below the steering wheel? The one that the courtesy/fog light switch slides into? The one that's always broken anytime you find a Legend at the salvage yard?

For pix:
TCS switch box in Lower dash panel

Cheers,

Last edited by srqlegend; 08-11-2019 at 01:21 PM.
srqlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

So if I am reading your post correctly you got the TCS swatch out of the plastic sleeve. The two metal clips holding it are on the top and bottom of the switch. As for the upper right hand metal clips once you remove all three 8mm bolts holding the lower dash panel in place you can take the whole lower panel off. There is a clip around the key hole that should pop/slide out fairly easily once all three 8mm bolts are removed. If I understand you correctly the metal clip screws to the back side of the lower dash panel. You can adjust it with the screw.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:22 AM   #3
srqlegend

srqlegend is on a distinguished road
Default what not to do with cars

Thanks for replying; you are correct, I have the the TCS switch out and all 3 screws holding the lower dash panel. Unfortunately the #$@#$ lower dash panel is still hung up in the right corner above the key. I think whatever that metal clip was; has gotten mangled from me trying pull the panel off.

This all started with a no start condition (probably flaky PGM-FI main relay) some months ago and I let the car sit. At the time everything else was fine.

Now it starts but there is a horrible tapping sound, I only ran it for 30 seconds before I turned it off. Oil level is fine but overdue for a change. I am going to take off the upper timing belt covers to check the belt. Then put in some magic valve juice and let it warm up.

Anything else I should check before running the engine??

Cheers,