AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 04-04-2021, 01:02 AM   #1
Dana M W

Dana M W is on a distinguished road
Default 6CD Player (trunk type) 1995 Legend

I am looking to buy an oem 6CD Player for my 1995 Legend. The last two I had, could not be repaired. I am somewhat restoring this SE. Please respond asap. Thanks. Dana
Dana M W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the rough

I don't remember the model number on the OEM alpine unit, but here are a couple part numbers you can search on ebay. Make sure you get the adapter, if needed.

CHM-S630 - plays burnt CDs - Plug and play - m-bus plug (this is what the legend is pre-wired with)
CHA-S634 - plays burnt+MP3 CDs - requires ai-net to m-bus adapter
Old 04-05-2021, 10:37 AM   #3
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana M W View Post
I am looking to buy an oem 6CD Player for my 1995 Legend. The last two I had, could not be repaired. I am somewhat restoring this SE. Please respond asap. Thanks. Dana
Where are you located? I have TWO Acura cd changers sitting in my closet. One is definitely an original Legend cd changer and the other I believe is a different OEM Acura cd changer. I'll have to bench test them both as I recall one enjoyed operating and the other one didn't. I'll have NO use for them as I'm even going to remove the functioning one still in my coupe when it gets the engine swap completed as I'll be upgrading its audio system as well.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:01 AM   #4
Dana M W

Let me know what you want? And I will tell you where I want it or them sent to be redone in New York.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:10 AM   #5
One6DSwifflY
Brooklyn Memba

One6DSwifflY is on a distinguished road

I'm in NYC. I have an OEM cd changer too that if you're close to me at least we can test it on your car. I just bought another GS (don't tell anybody yet Chaka) I'm going to find out if it has a changer (which it more than likely has) so I may not need the one I have. Plus it has my Fortunate (Maxwell) cd & I actually want it. Also, I hope you checked connections to the head unit. POs tend to do crazy bs to pre-wiring so the plug & play may not work like I tend to think it will. Anyway pm me if interested. Little legwork involved to obtain changer but not a jumping over the moon feat

"This 1 is for BROOKLYN! Land of da Crooks, home of my dame..." do ya research!!

Last edited by One6DSwifflY; 04-06-2021 at 04:16 AM. Reason: emoji incapability
One6DSwifflY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM   #6
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by One6DSwifflY View Post
I'm in NYC. I have an OEM cd changer too that if you're close to me at least we can test it on your car. I just bought another GS (don't tell anybody yet Chaka) I'm going to find out if it has a changer (which it more than likely has) so I may not need the one I have. Plus it has my Fortunate (Maxwell) cd & I actually want it. Also, I hope you checked connections to the head unit. POs tend to do crazy bs to pre-wiring so the plug & play may not work like I tend to think it will. Anyway pm me if interested. Little legwork involved to obtain changer but not a jumping over the moon feat
There isn't anybody listening these days Omar to tell! You do know the OEM changer housing comes off fairly easily and the magazine can be manually expelled from the unit with only a little fuss. (Ask me how I know ) So you can retrieve your Foturnate (Maxwell) disc even if the player is not functioning.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
Dana M W

I live in Southern California. The place I want this CD player sent to is:

UNITED RADIO (SHIPPING DEPARTMENT)

5705 ENTERPRISE PKWY

EAST SYRACUSE, NY 13057-2905

Let me know what you want for the oem 6CD player?