AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Old 08-01-2020, 10:50 PM   #1
NSXLover

NSXLover is on a distinguished road
Default Hello From Oregon National Dunes, 92 Legend Coupe LS 5-speed

Hello Fellow Acura enthusiasts. In the Mid 90"s I sold new and used Acura's at Mile High Acura in Denver C.O., and the NSX on the showroom floor was my goal. By 1998 I was personally buying and selling early NSX's for fun and profit.

Even back in the 90's, 5-speed legends were few and far in between. Having always been a huge fan of the Acura division and having owned a 94 LS sedan 5-speed back in 98, I'm always on the lookout for a Manual Legends and I just found this one.

Stoked to have it! 93K on the odo, two owners. Original owners sold it to their Mother, in 1994 with 24k on the odo, both owners took impeccable care with all maintenance performed at an Acura dealer with service records from day one. Always garaged, loved, and never abused. Having sold new Legends, I can unequivocally say, this 92 drives like and feels a few years old, not Twenty eight.

A few scuffs on the bumpers and rims but the paint shines like new and the interior looks out of the rapper. The Acura dealer just completed a full water pump and timing belt service and installed a New Clutch. This 92 Drives like a dream.

Stereo has power going to it but will not turn on. I would like to keep it stock and original so I am considering pulling the deck and having it sent out to be repaired. any suggestions on companies that perform these repairs would be appreciated.

The door locks are malfunctioning, popping up and down and the driver's door is not pulling in. Once again any heads up on these issues would be appreciated.

Looking forward to being part of the community participating in the Forums.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Belated welcome to the fam!

There is a door lock control module that is NOT fun to get at under the dash as well as POSSIBLY the door lock actuators (as I went through the process of finding good condition used ones from a low mileage go nowhere car and disassembling them to look at the rubber stoppers). Neither of those items (control module or actuators) are available new from Acura or anywhere else that I'm aware of to replace. The problem has a tendency to be temperamental when it sometimes will do it and other times won't. The soft close door mechanisms are pretty tough to find as coupes aren't as easy to locate as the sedans. I would recommend you contact ActionJackson (Alan Jackson) who should have a few parts threads going here in the forum as well as he lists items a bit regularly in the Acura Legends page(s) of Facebook. Since he is down in Florida the majority of the parts he comes across are in really nice condition. I recall Alan mentioning a place where he has gotten the headunits repaired. I know he and I discussed Bose still sells the actual speakers if you call them. I've tried a search for that contact number or a posting but cannot find it here in the forum.