AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 09-23-2021, 11:22 AM   #51
returnoftheack

returnoftheack is on a distinguished road

Sept. 12-16, 2021

Test fitting resumed today on the JDM Admiration body kit at Bandit Motorworkz. Bumper support needed some trimming in order to clear the fogs. Also had to move the muffler down a bit to align with bumper cover.

18” wheels are not gonna cut it with the body kit, so I’ll be rebuilding these to step-lip 19” next year with better specs and good tires. In the meantime I’m gonna roll on some mesh 19” wheels on some cheapo tires.

For some reason Admiration didn’t close the gap well enough between trunk and bumper. That’ll need to be addressed later on. Maybe I'll either do a small lip like oem bumper cover or beauty bar painted body color.

Did not want to risk bringing to shop for paint and not making it in time, so I’m going to run car unfinished to NALM as-is... We tried but I don’t want to rush it and shops could not squeeze me in. I'll prob get the lip wing on if anything.

Swift: Owner had issues with car mechanically and he actually he had bought another Legend (which he now also sold) both those cars I was able to get some other parts from.

Mad Scientist: It's not perfect, but will do in the interim. Prob put up for sale when my refinish is done on other wheels.

Last edited by returnoftheack; 09-23-2021 at 11:29 AM.
returnoftheack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:25 AM   #52
returnoftheack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliot View Post
My goodness what a great build, congrats on what you've accomplished so far.
Much appreciated!
Old 10-20-2021, 08:43 AM   #53
returnoftheack

Oct. 1, 2021
Stopped by cool evening tires service in La Puente (open til 10 by appt), Good Night Tire Service to get my 19" Napre Medusa wheels mounted and installed. My work sponsored the tires for upcoming shows. Wheels and specs 19x8.5 F +53 / 19X9.5 R +57
Tires: Milestar XP+ 235/35ZR19 F & 275/30ZR19 R

My old 18" wheels will go through a complete rebuild come next year before show season. I plan to step lip up to 19".

Oct. 2, 2021
Stopped by my friends Chris and my friend Sean & Chris helped me create a custom license plate bracket for front and rear. For some reason the rear had no support for one so we took a trip to Home depot. Glad they are good at metal work to make something. They make a holder which could accommodate both USDM and Japanese plates (for show)

Also put on the front lights in preparation for NALM, as well as removed rear OEM trunk spoiler.

Oct. 6, 2021
Swapped out the interior door lights to Euro spec. Thanks to Jimmy Jackson for these.

Oct. 6, 2021
The rare Cwings JDM replica spoiler was not a great fit and we did some reinforcement on it. The inside was filled in with some expanding foam. We used some good tape and my friend Sean used some special rivets to secure spoiler on. It's not super perfect but, better fitment than just tape. Overall I'm happy with it and I think it ties in with the body kit nicely.

Oct. 8, 2021
As I was ready to head out the NALM my starter gave out and was not comfortable making the trek out. Too many variables I couldn't afford to take risk and had to cancel last minute. I was very bummed but was glad it happened at home rather than in the middle of road trip. It was a tough decision to make as I had already registered and booked room. Anyway, I ordered a starter and will put that on priority before sending to bodyshop for paint.

Last edited by returnoftheack; 10-21-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #54
returnoftheack

Oct. 26 -Nov. 16, 2021
Dropped car of to paint at Kaiser Kars. Complete bodykit repair, prep, & paint

Nov. 17, 2021
Traded a part for some ultra rare Honda JDM KA7 half seat covers and Installed ver. 2 window visors

Teaser shot. Come check it out this weekend at Radwood Socal at Honda HQ in Torrance. For more pics and stories, follow me on Instagram at @1994_ka7

Thanks!