AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 10-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
Rsanders24

Rsanders24 is on a distinguished road
Default Crank...No Start after installing new battery

Ok...so my 94 Legend has been sitting for about 4 month because the crank pulley seperated and I haven'r had the time to work on it. The battery was shot from just sitting there so I bought a new battery put it in just to run the engine for a while (the alternator pulley is all that came off.) Well after I hooked the battery up I heard a click. I assumed this is normal but when I turned the key to on and I let it sit for about a min the CEL never went off so i tried to start the car and it just turned over like no ingition/no fuel. After about 5 mins of trying to start and taking like 30 second rest after about 6 seconds of cranking i hear another click (sounds like it coming from the drivers side footwell) and the CEL goes off and she fires right up. Please help....
Rsanders24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

Tighten battery cables, or jump start the car. If a jump works, your battery does not have a full charge from the store or, more likely, its a defect. Make sure everything is hooked up tight first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Rsanders24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyTree View Post
Tighten battery cables, or jump start the car. If a jump works, your battery does not have a full charge from the store or, more likely, its a defect. Make sure everything is hooked up tight first.

Battery is fine...car turns over no problems...it has something to do with the CEL...as soon as it goes off it starts right up. And when i check for codes no codes are shown...light doesn't flash...

Last edited by Rsanders24; 10-13-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road
Default Crank...No Start after installing new battery

Check main relay under dash. Common problem. Another way to tell if its the relay is to listen for the fuel pump when someone else cycles the key. If you dont hear a whir from the pump priming, your main relay likely is bad.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
Rsanders24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyTree View Post
Check main relay under dash. Common problem. Another way to tell if its the relay is to listen for the fuel pump when someone else cycles the key. If you dont hear a whir from the pump priming, your main relay likely is bad.

Thanks! I hope that's it....I'll check that tomorrow evening...