AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 09-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
//KA Racing
Z.I.M

//KA Racing is on a distinguished road
Post Armageddon The AWD Build

Reserved for a fat write up and heavy picture thread. Get ready for the official build thread. Family and friends, come take a walk with me.

But a Dream In The Making
//KA Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:26 AM   #2
M-Tuning
First EDM 3.5 Coupe

M-Tuning is on a distinguished road

Nice!

3.5 swap Finished!
M-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
//KA Racing
Z.I.M

Before i even begin, there is a thank you i would like to extend. None of this would have been possible if it wasn't for a local member. He basically donated the shell that made this all possible for me to accomplish. That would be Xpressive, and to you i thank you very very very much man. That shell was hacked to pieces in trying to figure out how to make this mod work. Once it was all figured out, she was put to rest and now the new car will reap the benefits. Through out this build, you will see a RB26DETT be stuffed into a Sherwood green KA8. I will need as much help as possible as we are a community with a combined knowledge that will see this to the end.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
//KA Racing
Z.I.M

Everyone's always wanted to build a RWD legend. To be honest, if i had chosen RWD, i would have saved myself a big head ache and a lot of money. But hey, where is the fun in that. Now I'm going to lie and say that this was easier then i thought because it wasn't. The amount of fabbing needed in this to make it work is ridiculous. I could only imagine how much it would cost to outsources this for someone else to do.

Step 1

First was getting a knuckle and strut combination i would want to work and fab onto. In Picture [A] you can see an example of some fabbed custom knuckles i was going to replicate. I decided that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, just find an existing knuckle and mod to that. Saves a lot of time and money. Picture shows one pair of knuckles i had welded before sending to get some bushings pressed in by a buddy of mine. Only ended up making one.
A

After that, I began looking for a simple, cheap yet sturdy design. I ended up choosing to rock with Dodge Intrepid hub. These guys are beefy and solid. Very simple linkage layout none expensive and easy to obtain.

Next was getting the strut to fit the legend. Surprisingly enough, this was as simple as drilling the hole bigger on the top hats and using legend top hats which allowed it to fit like a glove. I cannot remember what car strut i used, but i know it was a front strut due to height issues. rear struts made the knuckle sit way to low.

Mounted to the car

Last edited by //KA Racing; 09-30-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
//KA Racing
Z.I.M

I will Add pictures as i go.. it is kind of hard finding them all when i need them, so bare with. And sorry for some blurry pics. I honestly hatttttteeeeeee taking pictures while doing a build

Old 09-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
Canadian144

Canadian144 will become famous soon enough

keep up the good work!!!!! Damn the rear quarters on the scrap shell are fugly

If you didn't remember what rear struts you used though how are you eventually gonna get coils??

Last edited by Canadian144; 10-20-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Canadian144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:37 AM   #8
//KA Racing
Z.I.M

Yeah they are tarnished.. but good question. Lol I'll cross that road when needed. However I'm pretty sufe they are Buick front struts

Old 10-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #9
//KA Racing
Z.I.M

Here are a picture of the Hubs. Took me a while to find them

Once i had these chosen as my final hub, i then went about trying to figure out how the suspension geometry should be. Along with this i ended deciding to use a Buick ball joint. The reasoning behind this was because it uses a 3 bolt system which mad it easy to modify to fit any lower control arm designed.

Not only that but they are dirt cheap, and would make for easy replacement and maintenance. 3 bolts and its out. Back to the suspension geometry. I wanted to make mine as simple as possible so i chose to go with a split a frame. There are so many kits out there and parts that you can buy to adapt to your build. Tie rod end crush washers and all the connector parts you need to make this work. Just plan everything out before.

Here you can see the basic principle of the 3 bolt design and split a frame
Whats nice is all the connector heads are fully adjustable. This will allow for tweaking once the car is staged and weighted.

And a quick flash forward to the painted parts and color scheme

Last edited by //KA Racing; 10-01-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #10
YoungLegend

YoungLegend is on a distinguished road

Def tuned in ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YoungLegend is offline   Reply With Quote