AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 09-16-2020, 11:57 PM   #1
MIZEMIKE

MIZEMIKE is on a distinguished road
Question HELP with Aftermarket Timing Components!

Hi everyone, I am needing to replace my timing belt, water pump and tensioner pulley on my 1992 Legend LS Sedan with 57,150 all original car.

So my question is, has everyone ever used aftermarket timing components, such brands (found on Amazon.com) as Dayco, Gates, Continental, DNJ, MOCA, ACDelco, Evergreen, GMB, ITM & ContiTech and there is the "timing belt only" by Bando with great success, meaning you got the same mileage or age as with OEM Honda parts??

That being said, I would "LOVE" to replace all my timing components with HONDA brand parts, but as you know Honda has quite manufacturing parts for these Legend's, so you are left with NOS (New Old Stock) parts and if you're lucky to find them, there price is sky high!😒

So if anyone has any ideas or any reviews on which aftermarket components to use it would be greatly appreciated!😊

Thanks!
MIZEMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote