AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 06-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
Method Maker
Youngest Enthusiast

Method Maker is on a distinguished road
Default Time For A New Engine?

So after taking the dash apart to check solder points and manually testing oil pressure on my '87 Sedan, I believe the engine has no oil pressure. Oil light flickers and blinks whenever she's running, sometimes it turns off for a little bit but then comes back on. Engine isn't knocking yet so I'm gonna try replacing the sending unit and running a thicker oil, maybe 20w-40.

Anyway, if the engine is indeed on it's way out, would it be possible for me to swap in a 2.7l motor used in the coupes of the same generation? I'm guessing there are some differences, might just go with another 2.5l. Lots of stuff to be thinking about, still trying to decide what to do with her.

Lemme know what you guys think and if you have any ideas whatsoever!
Method Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
AcuraG1Coupe

AcuraG1Coupe is on a distinguished road

Should be doable. I have the motor from my coupe available.

http://forums.acuralegend.org/showthread.php?t=34923
AcuraG1Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote