AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > First Generation Legend (1986 - 1990)

Old 11-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
18 characters long
SquareBobPantsSponge

18 characters long will become famous soon enough18 characters long will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 18 characters long Send a message via MSN to 18 characters long Send a message via Yahoo to 18 characters long Send a message via Skype™ to 18 characters long
Default Anti Lock (ALB) codes and what they mean.

I just realized that we don't have one of these like we do on the ECU and TCU for the first gen. I went ahead and took the liberty of copying all codes from the manual found here. http://www.mediafire.com/?fngdbwmugyy For more information please view page 421 of the manual.

DISCLAIMER: This is simply a guide to allow you to track down and hopefully fix any problems/issues with your ALB system. AcuraLegend.org and myself will not be held responsible for any damages you incur on yourself or your vehicle in performing any of these actions. Any tips/advice herein are to guide you with your own work, and all operations are performed at your own risk.

First thing you will want to do is locate the trouble code light in the trunk. Along the front side of the trunk (back of the rear seat) there will be a viewing pass in the trunk lining. This is suppose to be covered with a little plastic piece, but was not there on my vehicle. Once you have located the pass, you will need to follow these steps to find and hopefully resolve your ALB issues.

Now that you know where to look, know this. The codes only repeat a select few times, they do not continuously repeat as with the ECU and TCU. There is a ten second pause before they start to display, this gives you a bit of time to get from the ignition to the light.

Turn the ignition key to the on position, but do not start the engine. Go into the trunk, and watch for the blinking lights. The codes are displayed with a main code, and a sub code. Not all codes have a sub code, but most do. You want to count the blinks of the code/ sub codes an reference them to the chart below to find your problem.

Codes that have a main and sub code will be displayed as follows. There will be a ten second pause, then the main code will display, there will be a one second pause, then the sub code, followed by a five second pause and the next code. The computer can store and display multiple codes, so make sure to correctly record all blinks. Once the codes start to repeat themselves, you know you have all displayed codes.

The following is an example of a code 3 with a sub code 13 followed by a code 5 with a sub code 4. One second pauses represented by a period, blinks represented with a | symbol.

Ignition on ..........|||.|||||||||||||.....|||||.||||..... repeat.

Once you have recorded all codes, check the chart below for your problem diagnosis.

Good luck with your repair, I hope this helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fut View Post
Because I'm Fut and you're not...
One...
Fut
18 characters long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Jaysus!
A Work In Progress

Jaysus! is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jaysus!

Good write up! I had no clue we had one of these boxes that shoot trouble codes for the ABS.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

No it did not help me at all, because I don't have ABS lol. Naw nice write up, at least you got it to post on here before your web browser crashed again.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
18 characters long
SquareBobPantsSponge

18 characters long will become famous soon enough18 characters long will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 18 characters long Send a message via MSN to 18 characters long Send a message via Yahoo to 18 characters long Send a message via Skype™ to 18 characters long

Lol yeah, I figured after it crashed that first time, I wasn't going to copy everything over, so I just put the chart from the manual on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fut View Post
Because I'm Fut and you're not...
One...
Fut
18 characters long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
pnoye2
Pinoy Pride...

pnoye2 will become famous soon enough

Very thoughtful of you Dawson ...this will come in handy, I'm sure - Good work!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
cakes
The Dream

cakes will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 characters long View Post

Now that you know where to look, know this. The codes only repeat a select few times, they do not continuously repeat as with the ECU and TCU. There is a ten second pause before they start to display, this gives you a bit of time to get from the ignition to the light.
After replacing the pump and accumulator this past weekend, the ALB light came on once I started moving. I checked for the code I didn't see one and thought the ALB ECU died or the bulb burned out. But I was waiting for the light to turn on before checking, and not right away. I've got a 5-4 (right rear sensor) issue.

Thanks for the info!
cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
MikeJoyce

MikeJoyce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 characters long View Post
First thing you will want to do is locate the trouble code light in the trunk. Along the front side of the trunk (back of the rear seat) there will be a viewing pass in the trunk lining. This is suppose to be covered with a little plastic piece, but was not there on my vehicle. Once you have located the pass, you will need to follow these steps to find and hopefully resolve your ALB issues.
I've got a '95 Acura and can't locate this "viewing pass". Can someone give me a clue?
Thanks!
MikeJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
MikeJoyce

MikeJoyce is on a distinguished road

Oh, never mind... I've got a G2 which uses this technique ...

http://www.atfinley.com/service/inde...&z=2690&r=0666
MikeJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #9
AcuraLegend55k1990
{Legend}{Supporter}

AcuraLegend55k1990 is on a distinguished road

i got a code of 1..1..1

is there a relay in the undercabin of a 1990 ls? near the interior fuse box? i tried replacing the under the hood relay wt no change..
Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #10
AcuraLegend55k1990
{Legend}{Supporter}

AcuraLegend55k1990 is on a distinguished road

after about 5 minutes i get an Anti-Lock light on my dash as well anybody lend a helping bit of knowledge and power here?