AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > First Generation Legend (1986 - 1990)

Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light
Default Interior Cathode Lighting

Originally Posted by KCLegend77

do this at your own risk. i do not assume responsibility if you screw your shit up.

so i decided to do some cool interior lighting using a computer cold cathode kit.

start by removing the lower dash covering.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

then you will wanna find a place to hide the control box. i put mine behind the center council plastics.

then you will want to wire up your switch. i used a 3 prong toggle style switch.

you have a power (12v constant), acc., and a ground. the acc. tab you will want to wire to something such as the radio or anything else that only has power when the key is to the ass. spot on the ignition. the ground you can just bolt to the fram under the dash.

mount your switch, mount your lighting and put it all back together, and your done. test drive and enjoy.

my lights are only temperarily mounted for the moment until i can get different mounting tabs. i am glad they are too because the only problem i saw with the way i did them is that you get glare on the side windows. so when i remount them i am going to put them farther back under the dash. i think by doing this it will get rid of the glare. so tell me what you think.

ok i feel really retarded. i completely screwed up on the explaining how to wire the switch. ok so you want the power tab connected to a spot like your radio fuse. on the acc. tab of the switch you want the positive wire for the cathode box. then tie the switch and the negative of the cathode box to the frame. wow sorry about that. wasn't in the right state of mind. my bad

\

Last edited by sam o nela; 11-25-2009 at 09:43 PM.
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
1990legendL

1990legendL is on a distinguished road

does the light on the panel underneath the steering wheel work
1990legendL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:55 AM   #3
AcuraLegend55k1990
{Legend}{Supporter}

AcuraLegend55k1990 is on a distinguished road

Thx Gabe