AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 09-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Saywhat
WHAT?!

Saywhat is on a distinguished road
Default Sound won't come out of amp

So i've been working on the carputer still and the one thing that has been proven as a challenging was wiring the amp to the speakers

The amp i bought was on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Mini-Hi-Fi-A...d=p4999.c0.m14

the amp works fine... i stripped another set of speakers meant for the computer and attached it to the amp and it worked fine... but when i link it to the car's speakers they don't work at al

I wired the 12v battery to power the amp but i know there are other wires that are made especially for power up an amp.... could that be the solution?

the sound just isn't coming out of the car speakers GAH

Legend...wait for it...DARY
Car Projects:
Tints 35% all around
CarPC
Saywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

Biggg72 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Biggg72 Send a message via Yahoo to Biggg72

not 100 on this but that amp doesnt look strong enough to push out to your doors? you should write up or draw a small diagram of what you did, your explanation is kinda confusing. knowledge will chime in.
Biggg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Saywhat
WHAT?!

oi sorry about that

how much power would I need to push them to the doors?

Just to make sure that the amp wasn't bad I used speakers to test if the amp worked. and sure enough it worked and it worked well... they were pretty loud

For the wiring i just wired them in the way they are suppose to be wired and they don't work

Sorry if its confusing still

Car Projects:
Tints 35% all around
CarPC
Old 09-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

Biggg72 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Biggg72 Send a message via Yahoo to Biggg72

yes but those were cpu speakers and they dont require alot. if your wired right, it really sounds like not enought juice pushing, give it a bit, more knowledge will chime in.
Biggg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Saywhat
WHAT?!

BUMP!

more knowledge please chim in

Car Projects:
Tints 35% all around
CarPC
Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

You sure you wired them up correctly? Does your Legend have a BOSE setup? And is the light turning on from the amp?

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
telafonic

telafonic will become famous soon enough

What is the wattage of the amp? I see it says 8volts RMS which doesn't make sense. If that is 8 watts RMS that's a problem. Speakers have a minimum wattage. Also what speakers are you using. Is it the Bose 2 ohm speakers? The output of the amp says 4 ohm and up.

That amp just does not look like it will work. Buy a decent amp and run a mini to RCA adapter cable between the computer and the amp. Or if you have/had the Bose Premium you can use the amp already in the car.
telafonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #8
mad_legend
do what to who?

mad_legend will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mad_legend

^ +1 for a decent amp, or use the bose amp. If you were worried about having more power than the bose, you picked the wrong amp! Need more info about your 'stock' setup and what you did to change it. Answer might be simply the wires you are connecting to the amp have been disconnected in the center console?
mad_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
captain cheeseman
Girls are my passion

captain cheeseman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to captain cheeseman Send a message via MSN to captain cheeseman Send a message via Yahoo to captain cheeseman

^+2. lets see the wiring that you did. just by looking at it...and i dont say this often, you need a bigger amp. what that is meant for is small space speakers, you would be off better buying a car amp. not something like this.

I never back down from a challenge even if it involves my car.
i heart cheese.
captain cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
bsmooth1027
grill master

bsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura aboutbsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bsmooth1027

sound is sound meaning even if the amp is very small in wattage u will still have sound he probably had a bose system in there to begin with if thats the case he has to bypass the bose amp in the rear of the seats that will let speaker outputs be up front by the radio start with that if thats the case take a 9v battery or a double a doesn't matter touch one end of the speaker wires to the back end and the other end to top of the battery u should here a popping noise thats continunity and run those to the amp and bingo ur in
bsmooth1027 is offline   Reply With Quote