AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Cars for Sale > Legend

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
vayankee

vayankee is on a distinguished road
Default 1992 Acura Legend - needs work.

This car, model L, belongs to my wife, a retired college professor. She has owned it since 2000. I have all of the invoices. The mileage is 178,779. The car is in Central Virginia.

Problems:
- Small cracks and uneven paint on the left rear fender.
- The paint is deep blue, but the roof and trunk lid look a bit lighter than the rest of the car. There’s no clear coat peeling. Several sections were repainted recently so they will need waxing in 90 days.
- Possible head gasket failure. I have not driven it since the symptoms (overflow tank running low, and oil level was high) appeared. I then changed the oil. I do run it briefly every week-starts fine, no noise, and no smoke.
- PS rack leaks badly, but I have a warranty on that. So removal/replacement labor costs will be involved for the buyer.
- The inside of the left bolster of the driver’s seat is worn quite a bit, but I will include a repair kit with the car (this repair needs to be done above 60 degrees, I believe).
- Right rear window goes down but does not go back up, due to the failure of the large connector in the B pillar, just as on my ’94 Legend-I disconnected the connector inside the door.

This is a sweet driver, with engine-transmission compatibility that makes for excellent performance. There are no other issues other than those mentioned above.
It has a rear deck wing that is not OEM, which helps when backing up.
The a/c and all electricals work. There are no stains inside, or rust outside. The tires and wheels are good. There is a simple AM/FM radio with a single cd player. I will include the original Bose stereo, and a pair of new front speakers that I did not get around to installing.

Asking 1500 OBO.

Last edited by vayankee; 01-14-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: addition to text.
Closed Thread