AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Group Buys

Old 01-14-2022, 08:38 AM   #101
lgnd4u2nv

lgnd4u2nv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Aren't you working on the car now? Or are you doing a 10 year restoration lol
Aren't all Legend owners always working on their cars? lol
I am currently working on the brake system, as you saw on instagram. I've got a whole list of things to do on the car that are a higher priority. Since my current radiator is fine, it probably won't get replaced with this new one for a while. But of course I had to get in on the GB bc I know how hard parts are to get for these cars!

1995 Cayman White 6-Speed
1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
lgnd4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:29 AM   #102
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnd4u2nv View Post
Aren't all Legend owners always working on their cars? lol!

FIXED!
Old 01-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #103
niki

niki is on a distinguished road

Thanks got it
niki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #104
Swift
is building things

Want to remind everyone that the radiator cap is a Type1(not to be confused with our engines) and the tabs look very similar but may be very tight. However, these were common I think on civics and newer hondas so availability is higher and for after market as well.

C35 H.O. build #2

Last edited by Swift; 01-24-2022 at 04:18 PM.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #105
lady6spd
6 speed baby!

lady6spd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Want to remind everyone that the radiator cap is a Type1(not to be confused with our engines) which means it is a "short" and the tabs look very similar but may be very tight. However, these were common I think on civics and newer hondas so availability is higher and for after market as well.
Will the OEM caps work on these aluminum radiators?
Old 01-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #106
lgnd4u2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady6spd View Post
Will the OEM caps work on these aluminum radiators?
It doesn't seem these radiators were designed for use with our OEM caps.

I am surprised to hear that and hope that Ben provides a little more information as to the differences and why it was determined to use a different type. I don't know anything about radiator caps, but a quick google search shows there may be as many as 4 different kinds (Type 1 or 2 and Type A or B). Some caps are for a recovery system (which Legends have with the overflow reservoir), and some are not.

1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
Old 01-24-2022, 04:17 PM   #107
Swift
is building things

I chose to go with the more common Honda style Type 1/ Type A. Ours are becoming harder to find at least up by me and I don't like that there is no sure way to "seal" versus the spring on the newer style.

Sorry for the trouble, didn't think people would want to reuse their radiator caps

But now you know if you want a performance one (1.3bar)

C35 H.O. build #2
Old 01-25-2022, 07:50 AM   #108
lgnd4u2nv

Quote:
I chose to go with the more common Honda style Type 1/ Type A. Ours are becoming harder to find at least up by me and I don't like that there is no sure way to "seal" versus the spring on the newer style.

Sorry for the trouble, didn't think people would want to reuse their radiator caps

But now you know if you want a performance one (1.3bar)
My opinion is that as long as the cap these radiators were designed to use are readily available (it sounds like they are) and they function the same way the OEM ones function (allow coolant to travel to the overflow reservoir if needed), then there is no problem.

1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
Old 01-25-2022, 06:39 PM   #109
Swift
is building things

Yes, they are designed for a overflow system. Always had better luck with these style caps on all types of radiators which is why I chose them.

But you guys can always splurge on a 1.3 bar custom one. I have seen some pretty super high quality ones...like cnc billet even. I will probably go that direction in the future.

C35 H.O. build #2
Old 02-11-2022, 07:23 PM   #110
Swift
is building things

Angry

YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE THE PLASTIC DRAIN COCK/PLUG ON THE RADIATORS WITH A 1/4 NPT SUCH AS THE DORMAN 61106 MODEL!!!!

OTHERWISE THE PLASTIC ONE, DUE TO NOT BEING CORRECT THREAD SIZE, MAY COME LOSE AND LEAK COOLANT RAPIDLY