AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 01-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
dmjole

dmjole is on a distinguished road
Default Our '87 Legend has reached its end...

We've gotten 11 years out of this car-- we paid $1600 cash for it way back in 2005.
But now it's going to cost more than we want to spend to fix all the little ills of a 30 year old car.

For a short list:
The water pump needs replacing (and that would, of course, include timing belt, tensioner, and the camshaft seals and crankshaft seal). The oil pan gasket has probably never been replaced. One CV boot is torn. The transmission solenoids often "buzz" when the transmission is shifted into P or N. The window regulators on 3 of the windows need help. And so forth.
Unfortunately to fix all this, and even just the water pump kit, is more than we want to spend on it.

The car still runs. She starts right up without a hiccup. There is less than 300,00 miles on the engine, cruise control still good, A/C still works great, sunroof still works and so on. I even have a set of "new" headlights liberated from Pick and Pull (Left and Right sides, with the inboard fog lights, too) that I was going to put on it. I've replaced every single 30 year old water hose on the engine (even the impossible to find U-curved main hose coming out of the engine. I've replaced the spark plugs and wires at least twice. I replaced the heater blower motor a few years back. But I just can't see my way to really spend a couple thousand to fix all the ills.

So, Legend owners, if any of you folks here want it (as a replacement, or parts or something else), let me know. (Just remember that it's not going to drive very far from the Tacoma area with water pouring of the water pump!)
Old 01-08-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Damn, hate to see you get separated from your Legend. You've had it for a very long time.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 04:54 AM   #3
Lucifer242

Lucifer242 is on a distinguished road

Would you be interested in selling those headlights you mentioned
Lucifer242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #4
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

^^ SPAM ALERT!! SPAM ALERT!!