AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 03-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #31
Legend_master

Legend_master is on a distinguished road

The alternator and ps pumps will be in the way. Besides that, very interested in the s10 transmission thing. Can you post pictures?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #32
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Also, the way the runners mount to the head is offset a little and (at least in my head) wouldn't allow the intake to be simply turned 180 degrees.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #33
TJcars2
The Mad Scientist

TJcars2 is on a distinguished road

It would just be easier to fab up itbs or a custom manifold if youre going to go through all that trouble already.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #34
familyman

familyman is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep you posted!
Old 12-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #35
Legend_master

Finally starting the c27a4 intake swap, this is really just for fun as the ultimate goal is swapping the j32 into this. So far the manifold bolts on no problem. A lot of vacuum lines will be deleted as well as the box. Not sure if I'm going to swap the coolant channel yet, but it looks likely. EGR would require replacement of the exhaust manifold. I plan of just deleting.

Hidden:

Last edited by sam o nela; 12-28-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Legend_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #36
midnite

midnite is on a distinguished road

hi guys, sorry first post n all that, mate i have been following this for ages now,
i have a rover 827 with the c27 in, the same as the mk1 legend, i have recently purchased an accord v6 intake like above, i am desperate to see how this fits and what you are going to block off or not connect, although with the original inlet with the butterflies compared to them not being in the accord inlet, how did honda over come not having the butterfly setup in the original inlet to improve torque at lower revs, when in the accord they have done away with the butterfly setup.

can't wait to see how it pans out, although is it not worth getting the manifold and throttle body bored out and polished up and getting all the cast marks and manufacturing roughness out of the inlet to improve it even further.
midnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #37
Legend_master

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite View Post
hi guys, sorry first post n all that, mate i have been following this for ages now,
i have a rover 827 with the c27 in, the same as the mk1 legend, i have recently purchased an accord v6 intake like above, i am desperate to see how this fits and what you are going to block off or not connect, although with the original inlet with the butterflies compared to them not being in the accord inlet, how did honda over come not having the butterfly setup in the original inlet to improve torque at lower revs, when in the accord they have done away with the butterfly setup.

can't wait to see how it pans out, although is it not worth getting the manifold and throttle body bored out and polished up and getting all the cast marks and manufacturing roughness out of the inlet to improve it even further.
The accord manifold does have a butteryfly setup. It's just a large one at the bottom of the intake.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #38
midnite

midnite is on a distinguished road

well i didn't realise that, mine is still in the box i got it in, so honda removed all that from the mk1 manifold and replaced it with just one butterfly, be interesting to know if they did further research and figured out that putting it there made it more efficient due to not having all the restrictions with the butterflys on the earlier one.
midnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #39
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, this was a common setup for Hondas in the 90s. It was an evolution of the individual runner butterflies seen on our cars and others.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #40
Legend_master

Throttle bodies are definitely different air channe wise. Also looks like the bolt hols are completely different.

Hidden:

Last edited by sam o nela; 12-28-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Legend_master is offline   Reply With Quote