AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > Northwest US Region

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
DevanTheDude
Ninjaneer

DevanTheDude will become famous soon enoughDevanTheDude will become famous soon enough

Good information Tippey. I haven't tackled the ABS in my G1 yet, but it's on my list.
DevanTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #22
Bart

Bart is on a distinguished road

For anyone that wants to find the tool for sale online, the best way is to search the part number for the tools listed in the manual:

07HAA-SG00100

or

07HAA-SG00101

Edit:
DrDave, I noticed you have it listed on your profile that you live in Seattle.

I am getting code "1" for my ALB system. "pump motor overrun" but I have read online that all it takes to clear that up sometimes is to bleed the ALB system.

I live in Shelton, WA its like a 2 hour drive to seattle

but I would really like to clear this code and get the abs working if possible.

Last edited by Bart; 10-25-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #23
DrDave
Just some guy

You can bring it over and we can check it out. Coordinate around the alleged lunch that appears to be falling flat on its face?

Dave
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #24
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegaisser View Post
For anyone that wants to find the tool for sale online, the best way is to search the part number for the tools listed in the manual:

07HAA-SG00100

or

07HAA-SG00101
There are 2 of them. The G1 T-Handle is longer and will not fit under the hood of a G2, but inversely the G2 T will not easily reach the fitting on a G1.

I don't know which of your numbers is which, but I can check my G1 T later if no one else chimes in.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
DrDave
Just some guy

As of the last 8 hours I am modifying my opinion on ALB brake fluid changes. I have done quite a bit of investigation into the function of the ALB units and the effect of low viscosity brake fluid. I spent some time with a very knowledgable mechanic that knows how to think that I also trust. I appears that the system can be made to work much better with a low viscosity brake fluid. This is especially important since we rely on the ALB mostly in freezing temperatures. Ate (pronounced ah tae) makes a brake fluid called SL.6. I ordered two litres of it ($50). I will let you know as my investigation into this unfolds. I think regular brake fluid in the main system is just fine. I have been using the Motul RBF600 for the last few years. I am real happy with it. Probably going to be on a three year rotation schedule with that brake fluid.

In the original post back in May of 2010 I mentioned that I liked Valvoline Syntech brake fluid. They have since ceased production of that fluid. It appears that the brake fluid options at the local parts store is the bottom of the bucket as far as fluid goes.

More to come on brake fluid and the Legend.

Dave

Last edited by DrDave; 11-24-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #26
LegendaryAffinity
Northwest KA3

LegendaryAffinity is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave, all three cars at my house are due for a brake fluid change. What fluid do you recommend for the main brake system? They are just my Legend and the 2 Lexus' so they are nothing high performance. Would it be worth while to use DOT 4 in these cars?
LegendaryAffinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #27
DrDave
Just some guy

DOT 4 would be the way to go. There are a handful of good brake fluids available. I like the Motul RBF600. The lower cost option is the Castrol LMA. I am going to use the Ate SL.6 in ABS systems from now on. I have two litres on the way.

If you want to bring them up one at a time we could get all three knocked out over the period of a few weeks. Go find yourself two or three quarts of Castrol LMA and we will be set.

Dave
Old 11-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #28
LegendaryAffinity
Northwest KA3

LegendaryAffinity is on a distinguished road

I'm going to get new brake lines for the legend in a few weeks so I can do it then. I can have my brother drive the es300 up there so we can do 2 cars. Thanks for the offer Dave!
LegendaryAffinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #29
DrDave
Just some guy

Sounds good.

Dave
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #30
Acuraguy

Acuraguy is on a distinguished road

Hi DrDave, I'd like to help you offset the cost of the brake bleeder tool. Please advise.
Acuraguy is offline   Reply With Quote