AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > Northwest US Region

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
cmlambier

cmlambier is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to Rehome My '95 Legend Sedan

Hey fellow Legend afficionados, I am facing the cold reality of graduate school and can unfortunately not afford to provide my Legend with the proper care to get it running again.

It's been a fantastic car and I'd really love to see it go to someone who will either rejuvenate it or at least use it for organ donation to get their own Legend going again.

Feel free to take a look at the craigslist ad I put up (with photos), or just keep reading:

"I am selling my 1995 Acura Legend Sedan (168,526 miles). It has been a fantastic car, but I'm starting grad school and cannot afford to fix it to get it running again. So here's the skinny:

Pros:
-Leather interior
-Moon roof
-New tires
-Regular maintenance
-V6
-CD Changer
-Aside from current issue (see below), it has no problems that I am aware of
-It has been garaged for the past two years, and was being driven regularly up until March of this year
-Very smooth ride
-Wins almost every stoplight drag race
-You can say you drive "A Legend"
-Spare tire included
-It has a lot of heart, gumption and gets acceptable gas mileage (19 - 25 mpg)

Cons:
-The driver's and passenger's seats are ripped on the bottom
-The heater core is out, so the car will only run for about 20 minutes before overheating
-The left rear window was broken into a year ago, and the mechanics failed to put the door panel back on correctly
-There is a very minor oil leak somewhere in the engine - worth mentioning, but nothing that really affects the car overall
-Small rust spot near the front bumper
-Small series of cracks on the front bumper
-The antenna is snapped off (but it still gets most stations)

My hope is that someone who's really into Legends might be interested in buying it to mine for spare parts, since I know they can be hard to come by, though if all you need is a car that will get you from point A to point B (rather quickly and safely) and you're willing to spend the money to fix the heater core (or can do it yourself) this car might just last forever. Had I a disposable income, I would just keep fixing it forever."

In the ad I'm asking $1,000 OBO, but if I could send The Legend off to a good home, I'd be very willing to negotiate.

Otherwise, if anyone knows of the best deal via salvage yards, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

Much Obliged!
cmlambier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

I have to ask...the car overheats because the heater core is "out". Does that mean its been removed or because it's clogged? If it's clogged, you could disconnect the heater hoses and insert a short piece of pipe, thereby bypassing the core altogether. If it at least temporarily "fixes" it, you would likely ask - and get - a better price. Having a car overheat on a test drive would tend to discourage potential buyers.

Wish you weren't on the wrong side of the country, I'd be a buyer. GLWS
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Skyline98
That one guy.

Skyline98 is on a distinguished road

PM'd.

That one guy.

Skyline98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
cmlambier

cmlambier is on a distinguished road

@LowPSI: It's in there, but broken. I thought about bypassing, but I'm in a situation where I almost never drive and would rather have the cash to put toward tuition.
cmlambier is offline   Reply With Quote